At Lumere, we are clinicians, researchers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and strategic thought leaders focused on one mission: helping hospital leaders and physicians deliver the highest quality, most efficient care by uncovering and eliminating unwarranted care variation and unnecessary costs - specifically related to device and drug selection and utilization.
Our vanguard approach? Partnering with health systems to ensure that care delivery choices are always backed by data and guided by evidence, drug and device costs are justified by clinical outcomes, and doctors and hospital leaders have access to the right insights and analytics to make the best care decisions for every patient.
What you will be doing:
As a Clinical Pharmacy Consultant, you will apply your expertise as a clinical pharmacist to help build Lumere’s Pharmacy solutions business, which enables hospital systems to combine evidence and data to better manage drug spend and improve patient outcomes. You will provide guidance to ensure our account management, business development, and product development approaches are best meeting the needs of hospital pharmacy programs.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, forward-looking clinical pharmacist looking to broaden their impact as an expert advisor on a part-time basis.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Lumere’s hospital system clients by providing clinical perspective and actionable recommendations on topics related to medication use and change management
- Use Lumere’s Pharmacy solution to combine quantitative analysis and clinical evidence to share strategies to health system leadership (Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committees) aimed at reducing costs and improving outcomes
- Use industry expertise to share best practice perspective of market trends, medication utilization management, vendor landscape, and reimbursement and billing issues
- Develop Lumere’s Pharmacy solution client account management approach, with support from Lumere’s Client Success and Product teams
- Support enhancements to Lumere’s Pharmacy Pharmacy solution by providing clinical input and communicating feedback from clients
- Support business development for prospective clients of Lumere’s Pharmacy solutions
- Use Lumere’s Pharmacy solution to develop and share assessments of prospective clients’ drug utilization opportunities, with support from a solutions specialist
- Develop and present case studies that demonstrate Lumere’s impact
- Stay current on Lumere’s latest clinical evidence reviews and recommendations
- Represent Lumere in up to four (4) conferences per year, including the Company’s annual Frontiers event and others requested by the Company
- Contribute to at least two (2) brief written journal or news articles each year
- Active pharmacist licensure
- Clinical pharmacy residency training
- 5+ years experience as a hospital-based director of pharmacy OR health system clinical pharmacist consultant
- Experience participating in hospital or health-system based Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committees
- Prior experience in formulary optimization or implementing clinical protocols for a hospital system
- Experience in presenting to senior audiences, including ability to develop and deliver presentations with minimal guidance
- Ability to quickly identify underlying drivers of problems, quickly develop hypotheses, and execute on a path to solve
- Growth-company DNA -- thrives in a fast paced environment, adapts quickly and successfully manages ambiguity
- Willingness to contribute 5-15 hours per week (during normal working hours), remote; occasional travel for conferences or office visits (up to 6x per year)