At Lumere, we are clinicians, researchers, engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, and strategic thought leaders focused on one mission: helping hospital leaders and physicians deliver the highest quality, most efficient care by uncovering and eliminating unwarranted care variation and unnecessary costs - specifically related to device and drug selection and utilization.
Our vanguard approach? Partnering with health systems to ensure that care delivery choices are always guided by evidence and backed by data, drug and device costs are justified by clinical outcomes, and doctors and hospital leaders have access to the right insights and analytics to make the best care decisions for every patient.
In service to this mission, our People & Culture team brings their good judgement and creative problem-solving to supporting our staff so that they can focus on supporting our clients and solutions. The HR Generalist will become the subject matter expert of Lumere benefits and policies, plan employee engagement events, schedule and own the agenda for HR meetings, be our official loop-closer, keep us in-the-know on changing laws, and so much more. You are energetic and love wearing multiple hats. You are experienced in handling a wide range of people- and culture-related tasks, with strong follow up and outcomes. Your closet is arranged by color and you make lists for everything.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as the primary resource to staff who have general HR questions
- Identify areas to improve HR processes and communications; proactively seek out solutions to tactical HR problems
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) to arrange candidate travel arrangements and ensure white glove service for all candidates
- Collaborate with colleagues to oversee new employee experience from offer letter through on-boarding to ensure a seamless embed
- Work with Finance and IT to coordinate and own on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Own the Talent Management process from scheduling check-ins to effectively communicating changes
- In collaboration with VP, People and Culture (VP, HR) and TAS, conduct professional development analysis and create annual program within budget parameters. Coordinate all aspects of training (including scheduling internal or external speakers). Develop and analyze evaluation
- Track and maintain all HR metrics. Analyze and create reports for various stakeholders. Proactively pull reports on key HR metrics (especially those that relate to company scorecard) and make recommendations to VP, HR regarding red flags or areas needing improvement
- Coordinate benefits’ renewal and open enrollment; provide support employees who have benefits questions. Seek out new ways to improve our total rewards package (particularly low-cost options) such as wellness initiatives
- Maintain and update all HR databases and proactively seek out more effective methods of gathering and retaining information
- Assist VP, HR in administering and analyzing employee engagement survey and other feedback mechanisms. Work with stakeholders to create solutions-oriented roadmap that encourages employee participation and ownership (employee committees, engagement initiatives, etc.)
- Plan annual and on-going employee engagement and recognition events. Work with office manager to plan all employee activities such as recognition happy hours, ice cream socials, etc.
- Work with TAS and managers to create a dynamic summer internship program that helps us build our talent pipeline and further establish Lumere as a premier place to work
- Work closely with the Office Manager and VP, HR to create monthly Lunch and Learn agendas that inform and inspire employees
- Assist VP, HR in other tasks as needed, not limited to scheduling, reporting, and communications
- Stay relevant on HR best practices and legal compliance. Alert stakeholders to any changes in policy that might affect Lumere or our staff
- 2+ years of experience in an HR generalist role
- Experience tracking, analyzing, and making recommendations based on metrics
- Curious and continuous learner: seeks out opportunities for on-the-job learning that will enhance your competencies and contribute to Lumere’s objectives
- Act as a cultural carrier: set a positive, highly professional example by working to uphold Lumere’s values and policies in all interactions
- Pro-like proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps/GSuite
- Ability to think three steps ahead by employing critical thinking independently
- You write and speak clearly, directly, and thoughtfully
- Circus-like ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with high attention to detail
- Exceptional organization, time-management, and follow-up skills
- You have history staying nimble and thriving in a fast-paced, shape-shifting environment
- You are friendly and patient with good judgment, common sense, and can keep a secret
- A demonstrated track record for doing what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it, and doing it with the highest of standards